BEFORE VINYL INSTALLATION
Knowing what to expect before your professional vinyl installation can ensure that the process goes more smoothly on installation day.
- Discuss goals with your installation team prior to the start of the work.
- Have clarity on who is removing your existing flooring or if it needs to be removed at all.
- Move any and all furniture from the room(s) in question before installation. You should also make sure no heirlooms or precious items are near the job site.
- Make sure children and pets are nowhere near the installation work for their safety and ours.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ask any questions that you might have.
DURING VINYL INSTALLATION
Here is an overview of our vinyl installation process:
- The subflooring will need to be prepared, and/or the existing flooring will need to be removed. Some vinyl can be installed on top of your existing flooring via a "floating floor" installation system.
- Moisture testing and temperature acclimation will need to be completed.
- For a floating installation, vinyl planks are attached to each other using an interlocking system and not to the subfloor. Glue-down floors are more complex and require the use of adhesives.
- We will complete a walkthrough with you when the installation is finished.
AFTER VINYL INSTALLATION
Once finished with the vinyl installation, we recommend the following steps to ensure longevity in your flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Stay off your vinyl floors for a period of time (24 hours at least) to allow the materials to settle.
- Follow our care and maintenance guide for proper upkeep on your floors.
- Stay in touch with our team as questions arise.