BEFORE laminate INSTALLATION
Knowing what to expect before your professional laminate installation can ensure that the process goes more smoothly on installation day.
- Discuss goals with your installation team prior to the start of the work.
- Have clarity on who is removing your existing flooring or if it needs to be removed at all.
- Move any and all furniture from the room(s) in question before installation. You should also make sure no heirlooms or precious items are near the job site.
- Make sure children and pets are nowhere near the installation work for their safety and ours.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ask any questions that you might have.
DURING LAMINATE INSTALLATION
Here is an overview of what you can expect on laminate installation day:
- Laminate floors can sometimes be installed over existing flooring in what is known as a "floating floor" installation. If this is the case, then your existing flooring will not need to be removed. If it is not the case, then your subflooring will need to be prepared for installation.
- Your installer will check for moisture in the subfloor and ensure the laminate is acclimated to the temperature.
- The installer will cut and place the planks or tiles, handling difficult sections of your home with considerable ease.
- This process may take varying amounts of time but trust that we will work as efficiently as possible.
AFTER LAMINATE INSTALLATION
Once finished with the laminate installation, we recommend the following steps to ensure longevity in your flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Stay off your hardwood floors for a period of time (24 hours at least) to allow the materials to settle.
- Follow our care and maintenance guide for proper upkeep on your floors.
- Stay in touch with our team as questions arise.