BEFORE TILE INSTALLATION
Knowing what to expect before your professional tile installation can ensure that the process goes more smoothly on installation day.
- Discuss goals with your installation team prior to the start of the work.
- Have clarity on who is removing your existing flooring or if it needs to be removed at all.
- Move any and all furniture from the room(s) in question before installation. You should also make sure no heirlooms or precious items are near the job site.
Make sure children and pets are nowhere near the installation work for their safety and ours.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ask any questions that you might have.
During Tile Installation
Here is an overview of our tile installation process:
- Tile subfloor preparation is very important as your tile must be installed over a subfloor that’s structurally sound, rigid, level, smooth, and clean.
- Your crew will first determine the tile layout. Before then spreading the thinset mortar. Spacers will be used to ensure evenness and then grouting will be completed, sometimes the next day.
- The installation crew will clean the tiles and ensure the job site is pristine before wrapping up.
- They will then complete a walkthrough with you.
After Tile Installation
Once finished with the tile installation, we recommend the following steps to ensure longevity in your flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Stay off your hardwood floors for a period of time (24 hours at least) to allow the materials to settle.
- Follow our care and maintenance guide for proper upkeep on your floors.
- Stay in touch with our team as questions arise.