BEFORE hardwood INSTALLATION
Knowing what to expect before your professional hardwood installation can ensure that the process goes more smoothly on installation day.
- Discuss goals with your installation team prior to the start of the work.
- Have clarity on who is removing your existing flooring or if it needs to be removed at all.
- Move any and all furniture from the room(s) in question before installation. You should also make sure no heirlooms or precious items are near the job site.
- Make sure children and pets are nowhere near the installation work for their safety and ours.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ask any questions that you might have.
DURING HARDWOOD INSTALLATION
Here is an overview of our hardwood flooring installation method:
- Address current flooring and/or subfloor preparation. In the previous section, we outlined the importance of having a plan for existing flooring. On installation day, your current flooring will either need to be removed, or we'll need to prepare the subflooring surface as a first step.
- Proper acclimation and moisture testing of the wood flooring and subfloor are required so floors won’t develop issues later.
- Your installer will nail or glue boards in place, creating cohesion among the planks, taking great care along the walls, and ensuring everything is lined up as it should be.
- We will complete a walkthrough with you when finished to assess our work.
AFTER HARDWOOD INSTALLATION
Once finished with the hardwood installation, we recommend the following steps to ensure longevity in your flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Stay off your hardwood floors for a period of time (24 hours at least) to allow the materials to settle.
- Follow our care and maintenance guide for proper upkeep on your floors.
- Stay in touch with our team as questions arise.