CARPET INSTALLATION In Bountiful, UT
BEFORE CARPET INSTALLATION
Knowing what to expect before your professional carpet installation can ensure that the process goes more smoothly on installation day.
- Discuss goals with your installation team prior to the start of the work.
- Have clarity on who is removing your existing flooring or if it needs to be removed at all.
- Move any and all furniture from the room(s) in question before installation. You should also make sure no heirlooms or precious items are near the job site.
- Make sure children and pets are nowhere near the installation work for their safety and ours.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ask any questions that you might have.
During Carpet Installation
While the process and timeframe may vary depending on a number of factors, here is a rough overview of what will happen on your carpet installation day:
- Your crew will begin by addressing your current flooring (as mentioned in the previous section) before working to prepare the surface for carpet installation.
- The team will secure tack strips and lay the carpet pad.
- They will then line up the seams to ensure cohesion.
- Finally, the carpet will be stretched and secured to the floor.
AFTER CARPET INSTALLATION
Once finished with the installation, we recommend the following steps to ensure longevity in your carpet flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Stay off your carpet floors for a period of time (24 hours at least) to allow the materials to settle.
- Follow our care and maintenance guide for proper upkeep on your floors.
- Stay in touch with our team as questions arise.